Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Signs & seasons

On this last day of September, my daughter and I took a walk in our favorite neighborhood park.  It was a lovely, party cloudy and very windy fall day.  As we observed some of the first signs of the fall season, I inwardly reflected on how quickly the month of September passed.  And yet at the same time - the end of the month with today's cooler temperatures does indeed seem like an entirely different season than the beginning of the month when we were still using our air-conditioning at times.  So much can happen in thirty short days.

always the first tree to change color in Kern Park

In thirty days, I accomplished my goal of writing fifteen blog posts.  As a subscriber to Lisa Rivero's blog, I receive her posts via e-mail.  Back on the first day of the month, a post came into my e-mail box with the title "Blogging with Authenticity."  It caught my attention.  When I read about her #30PostsHathSept Blog Challenge, I felt it was sign for me to get back to blogging.  I really missed writing.  I also thought I might be a little crazy to attempt writing twenty to thirty blog posts in September.  It's a very busy month for us, with our two teenagers back to school and their busy academic and extracurricular schedules, plus kick-starting the homeschool year for our daughter, and also with lots of new developments going on with my part-time job.  Still, I really felt it was time to focus on writing again.  There never is a good or perfect time anyway.  And I felt energized by the challenge.  As the month progressed - I adjusted my goal to fifteen posts, and I'm still really pleased to have blogged half of all the days in September.  I certainly would not have accomplished that without Lisa's challenge.  Thank you, Lisa, and thanks also to the other bloggers who participated in the challenge!

Tomorrow is a new month, and what will that bring?  More changes.  The trees will continue to pass from green or brown to their various shades of yellow and red and orange.  The days will get cooler and shorter.  And I will continue to write.  Stay tuned.     

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Mom! That tree is so pretty. You doing this challenge has inspired me to blog more! :)

    ReplyDelete