Wednesday, July 2, 2014

One third of the way through!

With this post, I have completed ten posts of my thirty day blog challenge.  In my post "Accountability," I described how I am challenging myself to post some writing every day for thirty days.  I am so glad I'm doing this challenge/project.  It's pushing me not only to write, but also to share something every day.  I'm learning to let go of my perfectionism.  Or at least some of my perfectionism - it's a process.  When there are only ten minutes left until midnight, I have to let go and just click "publish" if I want to meet my goal.  Of the posts I've written so far, some are ideas or topics I've thought or written about before.  Other posts are the result of my experiences that day.  That is to say - some posts were planned, and some were not.  I have a lot to learn about the formatting and the various features of Blogger and hope I'll make progress in that regard throughout the rest of my thirty day challenge.  It has been difficult some days to get my blogging done.  Time is a big challenge most days.  Many nights I have been up finishing up blog posts, much later than I planned.  As I learn more and exercise my writing muscles daily, I hope to get better at planning out my posts ahead of time and getting them written more efficiently.  It feels great to be able to say that I am one third of the way through.  Twenty posts to go!  It's been challenging, but I made it this far and believe I can meet the challenge I've given myself. 

*****
 
I write, therefore I am a writer.  The same goes for you, if you write.  As a reminder of this truth, I have a great flowchart from writer Chuck Wendig on a bulletin board above my desk.


No comments:

Post a Comment