Friday, July 11, 2014

That numb, tingly feeling

A few years ago, I did part-time contract work that involved writing, editing and designing PowerPoint presentations on various topics.  It was temporary, and the work was somewhat sporadic.  But it wasn't a bad gig.  However, I started to feel some physical side effects of the long hours that I was sitting at and working on the computer.  Mainly, I was having carpal tunnel type symptoms in my right hand.  But, also, I was feeling numbness and tingling through my back into my head and face.  This was all related to certain repetitive movements I was making with the keyboard and the mouse.  I also notice that this sometimes happens to me with a lot of touch screen usage, if I'm using my iPad a lot for example.  Needless to say, I've been spending a lot of time at the computer this week.  I put a lot of effort into my posts Sunday through yesterday.  Since the beginning of the week, I've been having numbness in my mid-back area, and starting yesterday into my neck and face.  I do think it has to do with the typing and the sitting.  In the course of a normal day, I sit very little.  But with dedicating time to my blog, I've been sitting a lot more than usual.  The chair I have at my computer is not the best, I'll admit.  It's just an ordinary kitchen chair with a small cushion. 

This is all to say, I'm keeping today's post short.  It's been a good week.  I'm happy with the posts I've written.  My daughter had a good week at day camp at Camp Silverbrook.  My middle guy enjoyed hanging out with his neighborhood buddies and spending some time at the high school he'll attend in fall.  My oldest worked plenty of hours at his lifeguard job and spent time with friends.  My husband and I had a few nice, long evening walks.  We're all enjoying our foster kittens; they are getting friskier and cuter by the day. 

Tonight rather than spend a lot of time on the blog, I'm going to:

drink one of these


 watch some episodes of this
 

spend some time with my family, and with these guys too


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment