Saturday, April 15, 2017

Blogging as a conversation


This is the last of seven posts in my Spring Break Blog Challenge.  I created the challenge to push myself to write more this week, and I've accomplished that goal.  Since my blog doesn't have a specific theme and since I didn't plan ahead for this challenge, I've written about many different things this week - observations, experiences, reflections, etc.  Some ideas came as inspiration the day the posts were written; others had been percolating in my mind for some time.  A couple of the posts included pieces I wrote in the recent or distant past and decided to share.

When I started this blog in June 2014, I posted Why I Write.  I included a variety of reasons or purposes for writing, including writing as a gift.  That could mean very literally a gift, as in a letter or poem composed for a specific person.  Or it could mean the gift of sharing words with others in the hope that those words might entertain or illuminate or inform.  In as much as I hope people will read and connect with the words I write, blogging is a gift to myself as well.  That's partly because I feel very compelled to write, and I feel better when I do it.  But there's something else...  What's been so satisfying about blogging, not just this week, but since I started almost three years ago is - the conversation.  Whether it's just one response to a post or many, whether it's a comment on the blog or on Facebook or in person - I'm grateful for the dialogue that occurs between me, the words I've written and the people who read them.  Thanks for reading!
 
*****

This week's posts:

1 - the labyrinth
2 - Two sides of the fence
3 - aging at the roller-rink & other observations
4 - Yes, you do like poetry.
5 - Nature therapy revisited
6 - When your dad dies (& some thoughts on grief)
7 - Blogging as a conversation (this post)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment