Friday, August 5, 2022

Stronger

As posted on IG @marysk.writer:

Last Monday I came home from a 3-mile run and felt exhilarated. I was inspired to write these words. Why not be amazed at what our bodies can do?!

There's societal pressure to consider ourselves "less than" if we don't meet the manufactured beauty ideals sold by mass media. Aging is also frowned upon. And yet I've never felt better as a whole. Sure, aging brings changes in our bodies. Maybe even some aches and pains. But middle age, as I experience it, also brings an increased level of confidence and freedom. I love it!

A week ago - @the.holistic.psychologist posted "Normalize talking highly about yourself and holding space for others to do the same." So, with that, I'm sharing these words. I celebrate myself. And I celebrate you!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment